Some questions about ipath error messages

Mitko Haralanov mitko at qlogic.com
Wed Jun 6 18:34:12 EDT 2007

Hi Dave,

I have some questions about the ipath error messages that we print out.
I am currently testing the error injection part of the matrix and I
starting with "incorrect checksum" and "incorrect HW version". I have
set the debug level on both machines to 0x83 and I am monitoring
ipathstats.

In the case of "incorrect checksum" I get an "ipathhdrerr" printed on
the console and when running "incorrect HW version" test, I get
"invalid ipathhdr"

On previous release, the error messages that we used to print were a
bit more descriptive of the problem (I remember that, at least for the
checksum part, it did mention a checksum error, and for HW version, it
did mention HW version problem).

Am I using the correct debug level? Did the error messages change on
purpose?

Mitko Haralanov					 mitko at qlogic.com
Senior Software Engineer			     650.934.8064
System Interconnect Group		    http://www.qlogic.com