noob question How do I run a Python script.

Matimus mccredie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:21:57 EDT 2007

> I installed python, run the interpreter and the script...

Are you trying to run the script from the interpreter? You _can_ run
scripts from the interpreter, but it isn't as simple as typing the
name of the script. To me, that is what it sounds like you are trying
to do. I don't know what environment you are using, but at the command
line (terminal) you should just type the following to run the script:

python cleanmbox.py

Actually, if you are using *nix use chmod +x chanmbox.py to tell the
os it is executable, and then just run "cleanbox.py". If you are using
windows, then you don't even have to do that, just double click on it.

-Matt