Inserting breakpoints ...

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Sat Jun 16 09:22:34 EDT 2007

hello,

for the simulation of some micro language (JAL),
the original language is (with a minimal effort) translated into Python,
after which the code is run in Python.

I want to add a call to a debug routine,
called JSM(linenr), which performs task like wait, update user feedback, etc.

Now I can't find a nice solution,
to add the debug call in a if/for/while statement.

The orginal language looks like this
<Orginal Language>
   For 16 * hardware_column loop
     Write_lcd_2bytes ( write_text , 0 )
</Orginal Language>

This attempt doesn't work, because apparently I've to choose between
   - 1 statement behind the ":"
   - all statements in the line below
<Python attempt 1>
for xxx in xrange ( 16 * hardware_column ):                    JSM(78)
     Write_LCD_2Bytes ( write_text , 0 )                       ;JSM(79)
</Python attempt 1>

This works, but doesn't give a nice output
<Python attempt 2>
for xxx in xrange ( 16 * hardware_column ):
     JSM(78)
     Write_LCD_2Bytes ( write_text , 0 )                       ;JSM(79)
</Python attempt 2>

any other ideas ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki