MySQL - Jython2.2

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Jun 15 10:44:40 EDT 2007

On 15 Jun, 16:31, HMS Surprise <j... at datavoiceint.com> wrote:
> I thought I had a winner mySql-python but it require2 python 2.3-5 and
> the tool I am using (maxq) is based on jython 2.2. Is there another
> way that I could perform queries from python?

For Jython you should use the JDBC driver for the database system in
question (MySQL Connector/J in this case, I believe [1]), either
writing code which uses the JDBC API directly, or using the zxJDBC
module for DB-API compatibility (such as that provided by most other
Python database modules). See here for details:

http://www.jython.org/docs/zxjdbc.html

Paul

[1] http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/j/