Evolution of a pythonistas!

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollans.com
Thu Jun 28 08:11:28 EDT 2007

swordofrue wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just started reading the python documentation and then I got to
> thinking. How does a pythonistas evolve? What kind of natural
> evolution does a  pythonistas endure? The reason why I wonder is
> simply because I have no idea of where I should be going. What kind of
> goals should I set? Any stories related to your own evolution as a
> python programming would most likely help give me some direction in
> this vast world of python.

two words: get coding

what you need is an idea for something to write, and a web browser with
access to docs.python.org ;-)

also, the singular is "pythonista", a synonym is "pythoneer" (I prefer
the latter...)

The "get coding" principle applies particularly well to python - have a
look at ESR's "Why Python". http://www.python.org/about/success/esr/