Output of HTML parsing

Jackie jackie.BPUG at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:19:06 EDT 2007

On 6 15 ,   2 01 , Stefan Behnel <stefan.behnel-n05... at web.de> wrote:
> Jackie wrote:

> import lxml.etree as et
> url = "http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/index.php/index/person/faculty/"
> tree = et.parse(url)
>

> Stefan-         -
>
> -         -

Thank you. But when I tried to run the above part, the following
message showed up:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\TS\Python\workspace\eco_department\lxml_ver.py", line 3, in
<module>
    tree = et.parse(url)
  File "etree.pyx", line 1845, in etree.parse
  File "parser.pxi", line 928, in etree._parseDocument
  File "parser.pxi", line 932, in etree._parseDocumentFromURL
  File "parser.pxi", line 849, in etree._parseDocFromFile
  File "parser.pxi", line 557, in etree._BaseParser._parseDocFromFile
  File "parser.pxi", line 631, in etree._handleParseResult
  File "parser.pxi", line 602, in etree._raiseParseError
etree.XMLSyntaxError: line 2845: Premature end of data in tag html
line 8

Could you please tell me where went wrong?

Thank you

Jackie