MySQL InterfaceError

Joe joe at incomps.com
Thu Jun 7 11:09:08 EDT 2007

> Huh the only thing I can find on InterfaceError is "Errors related to
> the database interface and not the database itself." You might be able
> to get some info from connection.info() . . .

Yeah, I wish there was more documentation about this type of error.  The
only thing info() tells me is that the connection is open through id ######.

> Are you using utf8? MySQLdb seems to have some problems with that.
> Also, I assume you've tried catching the error and printing the error
> message, right?

Yes, we are using utf8.  What kind of problems can be seen with it?  This is
all I have run across so far.  What type of encoding would you suggest?  I
am still new at some of this stuff, so if you could possibly explain
(off-topic, so a link is fine) the differences between database encodings I
would be grateful.

And, yes, printing the error message returns absolutely nothing.  The tuple
following InterfaceError is both the error code and message.  Unfortunately,
it will only give me (0, '') which isn't much help.

Thanks again!

Jough