python for EE CAD program

chewie54 dfabrizio51 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:16:11 EDT 2007

On Jun 4, 10:58 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <d... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> > Hello Diez,
>
> > I did look at PythonCad but the distribution and install methods for
> > Windows is not user freindly. Since the public domain software,  I
> > don't think they protect the source code either.
>
> The subject of code obfuscation in python has been beaten to death quite a
> few times on this list, do a search to find anything you want to know.
>
> In a nutshell: forget about it. it's not worth it, difficult to accomplish
> due to the dynamic nature of python and to be brutally honest: more or less
> nothing you can come up with in your own code is really worth looking at
> anyway. That's not saying that you can't code, just that more or less
> everything one programs is trivial and only of value in the actual context
> it was written in. So nobody is really interested in ripping stuff out.
>
> diez

Your opinions are noted, thank you,  but I don't agree with you.
There are
portions of the code that are under review for patents and as such
need to
be protected.

I'm investigating whether Python is the right language to use
for a commercial CAD application. While I think Python is a great
scripting
language, there seems to limitations with regards to packaging and
distributing
programs.