ActivePython

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Wed Jul 4 00:03:51 EDT 2007

Frank Swarbrick <infocat at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Why might one choose to use ActivePython instead of using the free CPython?

I believe ActivePython is also free, and it's packaged up differently
(with more 3rd party modules accompanying it than the standard Python
distribution), which might make it attractive to some.  Also, I believe
ActivePython is also available as a pre-built binary for some platforms
for which CPython is only distributed as sources (e.g., Solaris), and
again this difference may be seen as favorable by some.

Alex