Python and ARexx (was Re: Tiny/small/minimalist Python?)

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 3 06:03:45 EDT 2007

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:25:28 GMT, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 02:26:43 +0200, Irmen de Jong
> <irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:
>
>> Back in the days my port of Python to the Commodore Amiga machine ran
>> quite comfortably on a 50 mhz CPU with 4 Mb of RAM. (ok ok it was

> And your's was likely more powerful than mine... I only had 2MB and no MMU
> 1.5.2 was great (and even more fun combined with ARexx)

How does Python combine with ARexx?  Can you control applications
which provide an ARexx interface?

I stopped using my Amiga 4000/030 in 1996 or so, long before I
realized C isn't always the best choice for getting things done. I
messed around a bit with ARexx though, and while I found it neat to be
able to script an application from the inside or from the outside
using ARexx, I didn't really care for the language itself -- too
primitive for anything but the tiniest programs.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!