Can a low-level programmer learn OOP?

Wolfgang Strobl news2 at mystrobl.de
Sun Jul 22 10:20:02 EDT 2007

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz):

>In article <7cqo93pona4qoc4s94hh9rjrjalniilqts at 4ax.com>,
>Wolfgang Strobl  <news2 at mystrobl.de> wrote:
>>
>>SNOBOLs powerfull patterns still shine, compared to Pythons clumsy
>>regular expressions.
>
>Keep in mind that Python regular expressions are modeled on the
>grep/sed/awk/Perl model so as to be familiar to any sysadmin

Sure, I don't dispute that. There is room for both regular expressions
and SNOBOL type patterns, IMHO, because the concepts are different
enough.

>-- but
>there's a reason why Python makes it a *library* unlike Perl.  So adding
>SNOBOL patterns to another library would be a wonderful gift to the
>Python community...

Like Eddie Corns if find it hard to do in an elegant way, without
integrating it into the language. I haven't looked into it for a long
time, though.

--
Wir danken für die Beachtung aller Sicherheitsbestimmungen