How to uninstall packages

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jul 1 03:24:51 EDT 2007

> So now my question:  How does one uninstall  *cleanly*
>
> 1> a package installed using setup.py install
> 2> a package installed with easy_install

Run "setup.py install" with the --record option; then remove
all files that have been recorded as installed.

This is clean depending on the package being installed;
a package may perform additional actions which don't get
recorded in the --record option; in such a case, you need
to study setup.py and find out what these additional
actions are and how to revert them.

Regards,
Martin