Visualizing a wav file?

kaens apatheticagnostic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 04:24:55 EDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Wim Vogelaar <wim.vogelaaratmc2worlddotorg at bag.python.org> wrote:
> Perhaps you can use parts/routines of Audacity.
> See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audacity
>
> Wim Vogelaar, http://home.wanadoo.nl/w.h.vogelaar/
>

> --

I'm aware of audacity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Audacity is written in
Python, although I think someone wrote a way to script it a bit using
python.

While looking at their code might prove useful to me, I'm looking for
a way to implement this in python.

To provide a clearer (and audacity related) example, I'd like to be
able to show the waveform as it's playing - like if you zoomed in
decently far on a sample in audacity while playing it back. If I can
accomplish that, I think I can figure out most of the other stuff I'd
like to do on my own.

Just looking for some points in the right direction.