how good does PyGTK work on windows?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Mon Jul 16 05:16:12 EDT 2007

krishnakant Mane napisał(a):

> I will be writing some code in PyGTK to run on linux.  but I want to
> know if there are any installers or distutils available for PyGTK on
> windows?
> I have heard that installing gimp or even pygtk is next to impossible
> and is very tedious if at all one gets success.
> can any one share their experiences with installing and running pygtk on
> windos?
> any links for downloading proper packages will be highly appreciated.

There's no problem with installing PyGTK on Windows. While it doesn't
look as pretty as on Linux and some people mention newer versions (2.8
and on) performing bit unstable, I did not realize any instabilities.
Just use package from gladewin32 project, there are separate downloads
with development tools and without. Then just install pycairo, pygobject
and pygtk packages from PyGTK project.

--
Jarek Zgoda
Skype: jzgoda | GTalk: zgoda at jabber.aster.pl | voice: +48228430101

"We read Knuth so you don't have to." (Tim Peters)