wxPython vs. Tkinter event loops

star.public at gmail.com star.public at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:50:10 EDT 2007

On Jul 11, 11:17 am, "Chris Mellon" <arka... at gmail.com> wrote:

> No again. wxPython provides a Process class for executing external
> applications and providing events in response to input, app exit, and
> similar. You can also implement it in a similar way to your Tkinter
> implementation, but backwards - poll the pipe repeatedly using
> wx.CallAfter or wx.CallLater calls.

You can also set up a callback on the idle event and do a little
processing every time it's called, though that can be odd because it
tends to e.g. update more often when the mouse is moving over the
window and such. There may be other ways, too, I don't have access to
my docs or the demo here (just poked my head in because I'm waiting
for my work program to stop being frozen ...).

-Weaver