CSV without first line?

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at clubdelarazon.org
Sat Jul 14 23:30:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

In my CSV file, the first line has the name of the variables. So the
data I want to parse resides from line 2 up to the end. Here is what I
do:

import csv
lines=csv.reader(open("MYFILE"))
lines.next() #this is just to avoid the first line
for line in lines:
    DATA PARSING

This works fine. But I don't like to do "lines.next()" just to get rid
of the first line. So I wonder if the reader function on the csv
module has something that could let me parse the file from the second
line (w/o doing that lines.next()).

--
Sebastián Bassi (セバスティアン)
Diplomado en Ciencia y Tecnología.