The best platform and editor for Python

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jul 6 02:24:26 EDT 2007

aleax at mac.com (Alex Martelli) writes:

> Kay Schluehr <kay.schluehr at gmx.net> wrote:
> > half of the community is happy with Emacs and the other half wants
> > to program in a VS-like environment, neither consensus nor
> > progress has
>
> Calling all vi/vim users (and we'll heartily appreciate the support
> of TextMate fans, BBEdit ones, etc, etc) -- we're at risk being
> defined out of existence, since we're neither happy with Emacs nor
> wanting anything like Visual Studio, and yet Kay claims that people
> in either category make up the whole (one half plus the other half)
> and so that WE DON'T EXIST!!!  A ridiculous claim to be sure, but
> we'd better let Herr Schluehr know that in no uncertain terms...

Bah, it's clear. Vim users are in the *third* half -- the larger one.

Anyone not already in those three categories can presumably find a
decent half as well.

--
 \        "Intellectual property is to the 21st century what the slave |
  `\                           trade was to the 16th."  -- David Mertz |