Real-time Update

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:30:12 EDT 2007

On Jul 18, 3:24 am, ReTrY <ret... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm writing a program with Tkinter GUI, When the program is running it
> need to be updated every five seconds (data comes from internet). How
> should I do that ? How to make a function in main loop ?

I'm pretty sure the book "Programming Python 3rd Ed." by Lutz covers
this stuff in detail. I think it mentions using threads for this sort
of thing. The wxPython wiki has a good example that I think you could
adapt for Tkinter. Just use the threading code and wrap it in your
Tkinter code and I think you'll be good to go. Here's the link:
http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php

Good luck,

Mike