MySQL -->Python-->XML for JSviz

Sells, Fred fred at adventistcare.org
Tue Jul 3 12:13:30 EDT 2007

Sometimes sneaky is better than elegant.  You could shell down to a command
line invocation of mysql and specify -xml as the output format.  I'm not
sure how close that format is to what you need or how much you could
leverage views (if using mysql 5.0). You could also use a command line xslt
processor to then redefine your xml output.  That way your data extraction
is one task and you could have many xsl files to convert as needed.

I have used parts of this technique and found it easy to create and debug;
but I have not used the xml output option of mysql.

I'm sure others will point out many excellent xml modules.