PEP 3107 and stronger typing (note: probably a newbie question)

Paul Rubin http
Fri Jul 20 04:28:09 EDT 2007

"Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> writes:
>   What does that buy you - where is "I'm crashed becaus I ran out of
> memory trying to evade the seventh mig" better than "sorry, you will
> be shot down because I'm not capable of processing more enemie
> fighters - but hey, at least I'm still here to tell you!"

Come on, this is real-time embedded software, not some Visual Basic
app running in Windows.  The internal table sizes etc. are chosen
based on the amount of physical memory available, which has tended to
be pretty small until maybe fairly recently.