Does Python work with QuickBooks SDK?

gregpinero at gmail.com gregpinero at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:27:56 EDT 2007

On Jul 4, 2:51 pm, walterbyrd <walterb... at iname.com> wrote:
> My guess is that it would, but I can find no mention of python in the
> intuit developers site. I  can find some references to PHP and Perl,
> but no Python.
>
> I looks to me like Intuit develops have a strong preference for visual-
> basic, then c/c++, then delphi.
>
> I find it just a little bit surprising, since Python does work
> with .Net and all.

I've been using the QuickBooks SDK with Python for years.  There was
an example somewhere on Intuit's site to get you started.  I just
built off of that.  But now I can't locate that sample anywhere!

Basically you just access it via the COM interface.  Use the Python
win32 extentions.  Email me and I can probably help you more.

-Greg