I am giving up perl because of assholes on clpm -- switching to Python

zentara zentara at highstream.net
Thu Jul 26 10:56:13 EDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:45:29 -0500, Martha_Jones at tx.net wrote:

>Python is a better language, with php support, anyway, but I am fed up
>with attitudes of comp.lang.perl.misc. Assholes in this newsgroup ruin
>Perl experience for everyone. Instead of being helpful, snide remarks,
>back-biting, scare tactings, and so on proliferate and self
>reinforce. All honest people have left this sad newsgroup. Buy bye,
>assholes, I am not going to miss you!!!
>
>Martha

This is where the big boys play, you have to be able to be able to
scuffle and take punishment if you are wrong or unduly ignorant.
You also need to squash somehow who attacks you, when you
know you are right.

I was watching a CNBC yesterday, and they interviewed a leading
solar panel company's CEO. One guy just blasted him for no reason
other than he gets a government subsidy, and even the moderator felt
bad for the way the executive was blasted. BUT...... they are the big
boys, playing for real money, and if you play there, you have to expect
to have your toughness tested..... it means real profit and loss.

If you want a better place to ask beginner questions, or to be treated
with more respect, try the perl-beginners maillist or
http://perlmonks.org.  The monks are usually very polite.

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html