Gmail Error using smtplib

DJ Fadereu fadereu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:36:30 EDT 2007

Hello, can anyone help me with this? What am I doing wrong here?

(I've changed private info to yyyy/xxxxxx)
 I'm getting an authentication error while using a standard script
Gmail:
--------------------------SCRIPT-----------------------------
import smtplib
from email.MIMEText import MIMEText

msg = MIMEText('Hello, this is fadereu...')
>From = 'yyyyyyyy at gmail.com'

msg['Subject'] = 'Hello'
msg ['From'] = 'ccccccc at gmail.com'
msg['To'] = 'fffd at xyz.com'

s = smtplib.SMTP('alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com')
s.set_debuglevel(1)
s.login('yyyyyyyyy at gmail.com','xxxxxxxxx')
s.sendmail(msg['From'], msg['To'], msg.as_string())
s.close()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Acer User\Desktop\Code\S60 scripts
\Fadereu's Codez\gmail.py", line 13, in <module>
    s.login('yyyyyyy at gmail.com','xxxxxxxxx'')
  File "C:\Python25\lib\smtplib.py", line 554, in login
    raise SMTPException("SMTP AUTH extension not supported by
server.")
SMTPException: SMTP AUTH extension not supported by server.