Python MAPI

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:12:13 EDT 2007

> If Process Monitor has an option to save its output as text files /
> CSV files (some of the other SysInternals tools do), you might want to
> try using (a Windows version) of grep or awk to filter out the
> noise ..
>
> Vasudev

Well, I ran Process Monitor with some filters enabled to only watch
Thunderbird and MS Word. Unfortunately, that didn't give me any of the
registry edits, so I disabled my filters and ran it without. Now I
have a log file with 28,000 entries. It's amazing to see all the stuff
that happens in just a few moments, but how am I supposed to parse
this mess?

Explorer.exe and outlook express do thousands of the registry calls
and the paths they manipulate vary wildly. Oh well, I'll be off the
clock in about 15 minutes so it can wait until Monday.

Thanks for your help. I'll post if I figure out anything...hopefully
you'll do the same.

Mike