Hex editor display - can this be more pythonic?

Neil Cerutti horpner at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 07:24:05 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-30, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:30:22 -0700, CC <crobc at BOGUS.sbcglobal.net>
>

>> Yeah, with this I'm not that concerned about Windows.  Though, can WinXP
>> still load the ansi.sys driver?
>>
> 	I'm actually not sure...
>
> 	I think if one uses the 16-bit command parser it is available, but
> not the 32-bit parser...
>
> command.com vs cmd.exe

Yes.  You can load the ansi.sys driver in command.com on Windows
2000 and XP, and it will work with simply batch files. But it
doesn't work with Python, for reasons I don't know enough about
Windows console programs to understand.

--
Neil Cerutti
The audience is asked to remain seated until the end of the recession.