Installing mod_python on mac os 10.4.7

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 12:37:38 EDT 2007

On Jul 29, 4:07 am, Graham Dumpleton <Graham.Dumple... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Have you got an appropriate LoadModule directive in Apache
> configuration to load the mod_python module? That you get this error
> is indicative of mod_python module not being loaded. You can check the
> Apache error logs to see if mod_python got loaded.
>
> See:
>
>  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/GettingModPythonWorking
>
> for more help on debugging.

That article says the LoadModule directive should be:

>LoadModule python_module libexec/mod_python.so

I saw this note in /Library/Apache2/conf/http.conf

# Configuration and logfile names: If the filenames you specify for
many
# of the server's control files begin with "/" (or "drive:/" for
Win32), the
# server will use that explicit path.  If the filenames do *not* begin
# with "/", the value of ServerRoot is prepended -- so "logs/foo.log"
# with ServerRoot set to "/Library/Apache2" will be interpreted by the
# server as "/Library/Apache2/logs/foo.log".

I have this server root in /Library/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

ServerRoot "/Library/Apache2"

So in the Load Module directive, the actual path to the mod_python.so
file is:

/Library/Apache2/libexec/mod_python.so

But I checked and I don't have a /Library/Apache2/libexec directory.