trouble controlling vim with subprocess on windows machine

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Mon Jul 9 06:30:04 EDT 2007

Eric_Dexter at msn.com <Eric_Dexter at msn.com> wrote:
>       I am having trouble contolling vim with subprocess on a windows
>  machine.  It appears that vim comes up on the machine all right and it
>  sometimes looks like it is doing the searchs what I am asking it to do
>  but when I am asking it to load a file it doesn't do anything.  Is
>  there something I need to do to push the data through the pipe??  Here
>  is a couple different ways I am trying to do it.

For controlling an interactive program subprocess isn't the right
tool.  Subprocess only really does one way communication - it isn't
good at conversations.  I'd suggest pexpect but it doesn't work on
windows.

You appear to be doing stuff with csound.  There are several python
modules out there which interface with csound - did you investigate
those?