Python IRC bot using Twisted

ddtm dr.death.tm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:51:30 EDT 2007

On 3    , 17:55, Jean-Paul Calderone <exar... at divmod.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:44:34 -0000, ddtm <dr.death... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 3    , 16:01, Jean-Paul Calderone <exar... at divmod.com> wrote:
> > [snip]
>
> >Thank you very much! It's a very useful information. One more
> >question: can I cancel the DelayedCall using its ID (it is returned
> >from callLater(...)) from another function? In example bot there are
> >two functions:
> >def joined(self, channel):
> >def privmsg(self, user, channel, msg):
> >For example, I add callLater(...) to joined(...) function and I'd like
> >to cancel this in privmsg(...) function. What should I do?
>
> Yep.  The object callLater returns has a `cancel' method (some others, too)
> which will prevent the function from being called at the scheduled time.
>
> Jean-Paul

I know what you are talking about, but the question is: How can I
cancel scheduled task in function that differs from
function where I scheduled the task? Demo bot on Twisted website has a
class with a bunch of predefined functions joined(...), privmsg(...)
and so on. I can't see any method of communicating these functions.
I'm new to Python and to Twisted framework.
The task is:
to call callLater(...) in joined(...)
to cancel the task in privmsg(...) on special condition