Is there a way to program a robot with python (ex, an electric motor, control it's speed, etc)

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Jul 9 05:23:25 EDT 2007

Hi there,

> i hope someone here can help me.
>
> basically, me and my friend have a summer project.
>
> in this project, we need something that would basically function as a
> blender. we know we'll need to buy a motor that spins, but what we're
> having trouble with is figuring out how to program it. we want to be
> able to control the speed of the motor. how would we accomplish this?
>
> i'm new to all of this, so i'm having a hard time wrapping my mind
> around how it'd be possible to program one of those things :\
>
> ex: what if i want the motor to turn for 10 seconds. stop for 5. then
> turn the other direction.
>
> would you program it the same way you would on a personal computer
> (via c, python, etc)?

I did something comparable to that some time ago.
This was a car simulation, for testing an electronic trip
recorder.
This simulation had a model for the whole car, its devices,
driver who inserts his card, starter who makes the voltage
break in, the gear shift, motion sensor and lots of other
stuff.

This system was written using Stackless Python, which
allows you to use a quite intuitive and efficient programming
model for this.

I would like to come back to this after EuroPython and the
sprints are over.

cheers - chris