From D

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jul 25 21:00:04 EDT 2007

"mensanator at aol.com" <mensanator at aol.com> writes:

> On Jul 24, 6:08 pm, Steven D'Aprano
> <st... at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> > Python already does:
> > "hello-" "world" => "hello-world"
> >
> > Propose:
> > 123 456 789 => 123456789
> > 123.456 789 => 123.456789
>
> So, spaces will no longer be delimiters?

I don't see how you get that conclusion from Steven's proposal. If the
latter implied that "spaces will no longer be delimiters", then surely
the former must also imply that.

The former already exists, spaces are still delimiters when syntax
allows, so your conclusion is baseless.

--
 \       "I got food poisoning today. I don't know when I'll use it."  |
  `\                                                  -- Steven Wright |