PEP 3107 and stronger typing (note: probably a newbie question)

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jul 13 03:47:17 EDT 2007

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> writes:

> Donn Cave wrote:
> > In its day, goto was of course very well loved.
>
> No, it wasn't.  By 1966 or so, "GOTO" was starting to look like a
> bad idea.  It was a huge hassle for debugging.

This is interesting. Do you have any references we can read about this
assertion -- specifically, that "GOTO" was not well loved (I assume
"by the programming community at large") even by around 1966?

--
 \     "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use |
  `\                                      it well."  -- Rene Descartes |