Tiny/small/minimalist Python?

rtk oneelkruns at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:17:00 EDT 2007

On Jul 1, 10:12 pm, Paul Rubin <http://phr...@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
> You've gotten good suggestions about Python configurations.  Depending
> on your application you might look at alternative languages as well.
> Lua and Hedgehog Lisp both come to mind as small embedded interpreters.

PyMite will get a closer look from me eventually but I found that Lua
will fit my immediate needs quite nicely.  Thanks for the suggestion.

FYI.. I wanted a simple version of Python to run on an ancient DEC
Alpha box.  I got VMS Python 2.5 up and running but it is too slow to
use.  It takes *minutes* to get the interpreter prompt after typing
'python'!  Lua, on the other hand, compiled without changes (used the
ANSI switch) and runs nicely.  I'm always up for learning a new
language anyway.

Ron