Unicode problem

pabloski at giochinternet.com pabloski at giochinternet.com
Sat Jul 7 12:32:49 EDT 2007

> No it shouldn't because \x2019 is a "right single quotation mark" and not
> an apostrophe.
>
> Ciao,
> 	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

I agree, but the problem is much subtle. I have coverted a text from
iso-8859-1 to utf-8 and the codecs have translated \x27 ( the iso
apostrophe ) to \xe28099 in utf-8 ( or u'2019' in unicode code point
notation )

So if convert an apostrophe to a "right single quotation mark" why not
translate the "right single quotation mark" to "apostrophe"

As I can see it works in one direction but not in the other