PEP 3107 and stronger typing (note: probably a newbie question)

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jul 4 00:34:56 EDT 2007

Paul Rubin wrote:
> E.g. your program might pass its test and run properly for years
> before some weird piece of input data causes some regexp to not quite
> work.

Then you get a bug report, you fix it, and you add a test
for it so that particular bug can't happen again.

> Once I got the
> function to work, I deployed it without writing permanent tests for
> it.

That suggests you had a temporary test at some point.
So, keep it and make it a permanent test. Even if it's
just a small manually-created directory, it's still
better than nothing, and you can add to it over time
to cover any bugs that turn up.

--
Greg