Restarting a Python Application

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 19:37:56 EDT 2007

On 7/7/07, Kelvie Wong <kelvie at ieee.org> wrote:
> Ugh.. this would be a repost for the OP, but I forgot to hit "reply to
> all" again.

<rant>
Imagine if you wrote applications where the default behavior did not
do what was needed 99% of the time: how long do you think you'd be in
business?

The default behavior of replying to the original sender instead of the
list makes no sense. I've read the purist arguments against replying
to the list, but I subscribed to a *list*, not an individual sender.

I know that this post is pointless, since the people who run this list
seem to care more about abstract and misdirected notions of purity
than making things as useful and intelligent as possible, but after
seeing dozens of "please keep your reply on list" responses recently,
I had to vent.
</rant>
--

# p.d.