import mysteries

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Jul 4 23:47:18 EDT 2007

on Wed Jul 04 2007, Peter Otten <__peter__-AT-web.de> wrote:

>>> Explicitly passed, see
>>>

> http://genshi.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/genshi/filters/tests/transform.py
>>
>> IIRC I ran doctest on the file I cited, not the one you're pointing
>> at.  Is there some new magic doctest feature I should know about?
>
> Had you looked at it

Gimme a little credit, please!  Of course I looked at it.

> you'd seen that the file I pointed to is the driver
> script for running the doctests in the file you pointed to

Yes, I saw that, but I don't know of any magic feature that causes the
driver script to get loaded when I invoke doctest directly on the file
I pointed to.

> -- unfortunately they have the same name. [...]/tests/transform.py
> does indeed inject a HTML object into the globals of
> [...]/filters/transform.py before it runs the tests.

Yes, I saw that, but as I said...

Anyway, maybe I just got confused and doctest-ed the driver script.
That certainly would explain everything.

>>> Too vague, sorry.
>>
>>   # this will succeed if I do it here
>>   # import foo.bar
>>
>>   class X:
>>         def y():
>>             import foo.bar # but this fails
>
> Are threads involved? I vaguely remember a problem with Queue.Queue that
> came up on this list some time ago.

I don't know, honestly.  This was probably in Trac somewhere.  I don't
know if it's threaded.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting