2**2**2**2**2 wrong? Bug?

mensanator at aol.com mensanator at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 19:08:13 EDT 2007

On Jul 15, 4:37 pm, Steve Holden <st... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Wayne Brehaut wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:32:03 -0700, "mensana... at aol.com"
> [...]
> > But I digress (but only because provoked!)...

> > This statement is the informal equivalent to  saying  "Define a base-1
> > number system as...", as I noted above. If you'd noted this, and
> > understood it, or were willing to accept it whether or not you
> > understood it, you'd have saved us both some bother--but me more than
> > you I guess, so maybe you were just trolling?
>
> wwway to beat a response to a pulp.

Crackpot math is the way to beat a response to a pulp?

And why does the response need to be beaten to a pulp?

Isn't the purpose of comp.lang.python to promote knowledge,
not ignorance?

When someone posts

    x = []
    for i in range(255):
        x.append(i)

are you being a troll when you point out this could be
done better using list comprehension?

> Sometimes it's easier and better for
> your blood pressure just to let someone else have the last word, however
> ill-informed

What was ill-informed? That there's no base 1?

    >>> x = int('1111',1)

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
        x = int('1111',1)
    ValueError: int() base must be >= 2 and <= 36

Or that Roman numerals aren't equivalent to tallying?

> or hostile.

What hostility?