New guy help with setup

star.public at gmail.com star.public at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 21:06:14 EDT 2007

On Jul 12, 5:55 pm, meg99 <glen.e.mett... at lmco.com> wrote:

> got the >>> prompt

Type fun things at the >>> prompt, such as:

>>> print 'Some Obligatroy Greeting Like "Hello World."'

or

>>> [x*5 for x in [1,2,3,4,5]]

or

>>> import os
>>> os.listdir('.')
>>> [os.isdir(x) for x in os.listdir('.')]

Also, you should now be able to make .py files in a text editor and
run them by double-clicking them. (Hint: If you're just doing print
statements and such, stick a raw_input() at the end of the file so
that the window stays around when you double-click it ...)

But all in all, the .configrue[1] stuff is only for unix-like systems
and stuff like cygwin, windows dosn't usally need to worry about it.

[1] I saw this typo, then decided to leave it as some kind of scary
obscure bad zork pun thing.

--
Weaver