xmlrpclib hangs execution

Arno Stienen arnoreg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:24:55 EDT 2007

Thanks! I'll try that one too to find the easiest solution. For
portability, it is easier to use a new transport class and not have to
patch files of the Python distribution.

Using a similar strategy, I used this class just before I read about
your patch, which works fine too:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-April/256360.html

Could you comment on the difference between this class and yours?

You might want to include on your site how to use the class in a
reallife example, i.e. like the other class does:

	import httplib, xmlrpclib
	s = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy('http://SOMEURL',	transport=PersistTransport())

I agree with you on xmlrpclib needed an upgrade, but in the past could
not find anybody 'responsible' and knowledgeable enough to do this.
Although I do feel responsible for open source development, I do not
have the python knowledge to propose a fix myself!

Bye,
Arno.