Where is the syntax for the dict() constructor ?!

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Sun Jul 8 04:59:58 EDT 2007

 "John Machin" <s..n at lexicon.net> wrote:

8<------------ nice explanation of quoting problems -------------

> (2) A field containing an odd number of " characters (or more
> generally, not meeting whatever quoting convention might be expected
> in the underlying data) should be treated with suspicion.

How does one program to treat something with suspicion?

My stuff tends to either accept or reject...

This reminds me (for no discernible reason) of the word
"eschew", and of an illustration in a Goon author's book
of someone eschewing an architectural example with a
pocket sized eschewing instrument - a "pocket eschewer".
(He is shown peering at it through the eyepiece)

Maybe such fields should be eschewed instead.

- Hendrik