Portable general timestamp format, not 2038-limited

Paul Rubin http
Tue Jul 3 04:10:03 EDT 2007

sla29970 at gmail.com writes:
> As for the primacy of UTC vs. TAI, this is the classical chicken and
> egg problem.  The bureaucratic reality is opposed to the physical
> reality.

Well, if you're trying to pick just one timestamp standard, I'd say
you're better off using a worldwide one rather than a national one, no
matter how the bureaucracies work.  TAI is derived from atomic clocks
all over the world, while the national metrology labs are more subject
to error and desynchronization, and whatever legal primacy they have
is good in only one country.