Can a low-level programmer learn OOP?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Mon Jul 16 04:10:05 EDT 2007

Wayne Brehaut a écrit :
(snip)
 > after Bruno made the
> claim: "OO is about machines - at least as conceveid by Alan Key, who
> invented the term and most of the concept."

Please reread more carefully the above. I do give credit to Smalltalk's
author for the *term* "OOP", and *most* (not *all*) of the concepts (I
strongly disagree with your opinion that message-passing is not a core
concept of OO).

FWIW, I first mentionned Simula too (about the state-machine and
simulation aspect), then sniped this mention because I thought it was
getting a bit too much OT - we're not on comp.object here.