Memory leak issue with complex data structure

Alan Franzoni alan.franzoni_invalid at geemail.invalid
Wed Jul 4 10:58:52 EDT 2007

Hello,
I've got a complex data structure (graph-like). Each of my nodes may
reference zero or more other nodes, internally managed by a set() object.

I have a root node which is not referenced by any other node. So, I
created a "clear()" method which is called on all children (by calling
their clear() method" and then clears the set with the references of the
node itself.

I have a serious "leak" issue; even though I clear all those sets and I
delete all the references I can have to the current namespace, memory is
not freed.

I have tried the gc module and it couldn't help (I can't determine where
the references are) and I tried using weakref.ref as well to connect
object, but then I have problems (objects have no more references to
them beside their parents, hence they get deleted).

I understand it's impossibile to tell what's my problem without seeing
the actual code (which I can't post) but I'm asking if there's any
tool/debugger I could employ in order to track what's happening.

Thanks!

--
Alan Franzoni <alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com>
-