class C: vs class C(object):

nvictor noagbodjivictor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 03:31:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm not an experienced developer, and I came across this statement by
reading a code. I search for explanation, but can't find anything
meaningful. I read the entire document written by python's creator
about the features of version 2.2 The one named unifying types and
classes. But This document only blew my head away.

I ended here and think somebody can explain me more about this. The
only thing I have noticed is that when you do dir(C) on a classic
class you get a bunch of attributes; and when you do the same thing on
a class defined using class C(object), you get less attributes.

Thanks for all replies.