bool behavior in Python 3000?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jul 10 18:47:20 EDT 2007

Michael Hoffman <cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid> writes:

> Alan Isaac wrote:
> > Is there any discussion of having real booleans
> > in Python 3000?
>
> I'm not sure how the bools we have now are not "real."

I'm guessing that Alan is referring (at least in part) to this behaviour:

    Python 2.4.4 (#2, Apr  5 2007, 20:11:18)
    [...]
    >>> True == 1
    True
    >>> False == 0
    True

Whereas a real bool type would have discrete values for True and False
that would not be equal to any other.

--
 \      "I guess we were all guilty, in a way. We all shot him, we all |
  `\   skinned him, and we all got a complimentary bumper sticker that |