Choosing Tkinter over wxPython...

Eric Brunel see.signature at no.spam
Tue Jul 10 06:22:32 EDT 2007

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:08:20 +0200, Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com>
wrote:
> I've spent some time playing with both, and while wxPython is nice,
> Tkinter just seems to fit my head better, and with appropriate selection
> of widgets and interface design, seems to yield up perfectly usable
> GUI's.
>
> Can anyone else who finds Tkinter better for them than wxPython (or the
> other toolkits) explain why it works for them?

I am, for more or less the same reasons as you. At the time I started -
which is quite some time ago -, there was also no serious alternative to
Tkinter's Canvas and Text widgets in the other toolkits. This has changed
today, at least for the Text widget. But now, I'm used to Tkinter's way of
doing things and I find working with other toolkits weird...
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"