object references/memory access

dlomsak dlomsak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 09:53:25 EDT 2007

Okay, Im back at work and got to put some of these suggestions to use.
cPickle is doing a great job a hiking up the serialization rate and
cutting out the +=data helped a lot too. The entire search process now
for this same data set is down to about 4-5 seconds from pressing
'search' to having the records posted to the browser. Only a fraction
of a second is spent transmitting the data now. Some of the time is
spent waiting for the sockets to actually make their connection. I'll
be now looking into FastCGI to see how much more time I can trim off
the total process.

Once again I would like to say thanks to everyone for the help and
taking the time out to give me some example code to study. I'm glad
that what I thought I wanted to do is not necessary and that the
sockets can send at the speed I hoped they could. This was my first
posting in this group and I plan to remain active and try to help out
where I can. I am fully statisfied with the responses and consider my
problem solved.