highly einteractive editor for python

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:39:08 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Atul Bhingarde <abhingar at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> What I want to see is that it is possible to create a python based
> application in a environment where I can see the results as I am creating
> it, specifically gui widgets (from say TK). This will provide a robust
> mechanism to see gui layout as well.

This isn't for Tk, but for wxPython-based development, but you might
want to look at Dabo's visual tools. Their Class Designer allows you
to visually develop your application's windows, allowing you to focus
on coding the logic instead of having to guess how what your UI will
look like.

Check out the screencasts (hey, how else can you see the advantage of
a visual tool?) at http://dabodev.com/documentation. The best ones to
start with are the two on 'Building a Database App in the Class
Designer'. They show some of the database connectivity stuff, too, but
that's not required. I create apps without databases all the time with
Dabo.
--

# p.d.