IDEs for COM scripting: C# v. Python v. Iron Python v. JPython

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Thu Jul 5 09:54:58 EDT 2007

Can someone suggest some criterion for selecting Python, JPython or Iron
Python for COM Scripting?

I have not looked: I assume there are multiple eclipse plugins for
Python/JPython/Iron Python. Could someone recommend one? I'll also try out
eric that was mentioned previously.

I figured out my problem with Groovy/COM/Eclipse scripting: I had outlook
running in another remote desktop session and discovered that if I run my
script in the same session as I am running outlook in, it works. I assume
the situation would be the same with Python.

Since Groovy/COM/Eclipse works for this purpose, I assume JPython with
JaWin/Jacob would work too.

Thanks,
Siegfried