Access Object From 2 Applications or Fix Scheduler

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Sun Jul 15 15:56:02 EDT 2007

Hello Guys,

I have two applications which I need to get talking and sharing an object,
what's the best way to do this? Basically my first application parses an XML
document into a bunch of lists and tuples etc, and I need to access the data
in these lists and tuples from my second application. Is this possible? And
what's the simplest method?

This problem all evolves from a hack/work around I've had to place together
as I have been having problems with sched, these two applications used to be
a single one to start with but for some reason when scheduling tasks using
the sched module they wouldn't ever run when supposed too, so I'd schedule
it to run every 2 minutes and it would run between 3 and 15 minutes :-s so I
ripped it out into its own application and it now runs every 2 minutes
exactly.

I either need to fix my sched issues or the memory share, either way I'm
quite happy, just need to get it working smoothly.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

Rob